Having spent decades in Africa, Thierry Reverchon, founder of Wazzaj, paves a new way for development of small villages in Sahel. He drafted a new process for designing, setting up and follow up of Sustainable Development Modules, that have 3 main features:
– Make a change by access to solar power in rural area and by involving women in the villages
– Solar Centers© are eco-designed. Made from recycled containers, they display a solar panel cover and are equiped with small scale workshops to locally produce and provide for basics needs of the population.
– A management commitee has been set up by inhabitants, and aims for economic autonomy – revenues generated together enable to cover futur cost of maintenance.
Two pilots have been set up in the villages of Bazoulé and Pacala in Burkina Faso :
– Design of Solar Center EVO2 based on a prototype displayed by Wazzaj at Climate conference COP21
– Transfer of equipments on site, construction and training by volontary workers and local NGOs
– Movie production “Operation Burkina”
– Strengthening links with local manufacturers, schools, health equipments in Burkina